Due to the current COVID situation, we are temporarily stopping registration as the course is being discussed. Please continue to watch our website for updates.
This course will provide a diagnostic framework/template for chronic functionally-based conditions with shared etiologies and presentations. Subsequently, more specific management strategies for each condition will be provided, along with various clinical pearls. The program will attempt to cover various functionally-based conditions seen throughout the scope of internal medicine, selecting from a variety of pertinent general and subspecialty-derived conditions. Expert faculty will present evidence and case-based clinical approaches.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe a general framework for approaching chronic medically complex/unexplained symptoms
- Integrate a cost-effective and efficient diagnostic methodology in the care of chronic medically complex/unexplained symptoms
- Summarize updates in the management of chronic gastrointestinal symptoms
- Describe the pathophysiological process of central sensitization
- Summarize updates in the management of chronic pain
This course is intended for internists, subspecialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and others who practice in or have a special interest in treating medically complex patients.