This meeting will present up-to-date information as well as contemporary approaches/strategies for the treatment of fibromyalgia. The program will cover the many facets of fibromyalgia, with expert faculty presenting evidence-based information and emerging practical clinical approaches.
This course is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who work in the fields of internal medicine, family medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation or psychiatry/psychology who provide care for patients with fibromyalgia.
Upon completion of this activity, participants shoudl be able to:
1. Summarize recent updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of fibromyalgia.
2. Review the medication treatment options for fibromyalgia, including indications and major adverse effects.
3. Detail the non-medication treatment options for fibromyalgia.
4. Recognize the overall symptom complex and comorbidities associated with fibromyalgia.
5. Summarize the underlying pathophysiology (central sensitization).